Access the knowledge you need faster with a Groundsure UXO report
Due to technical reasons this product is currently unavailable. Please email email@example.com if you would like to be notified when this product is available
This unique desktop search report identifies the potential risks from unexploded ordnance (UXO) that could affect your client’s construction project. As more building projects are developed it’s essential to understand the potential risks of UXO within the vicinity of your client’s site. Unexpected discoveries could lead to delays with project timescales as well as racking up additional costs for your client,and so by undertaking this search your clients have a comprehensive view on risks. This report also covers the possible health and safety risks for contractors under CDM 2015. We have partnered with industry specialists SafeLane Global to provide a comprehensive view on the risks,so they can be factored into a site assessment.
- Analysis of over 3000 projects to mitigate bomb risks on development sites since 1991
- Accurate bomb density mapping based from Ordnance Survey maps 1931-1944
- Extensive archive of previous bomb excavation works and threat assessment
- Bomb, V1 and V2 strike locations from original war records and area damage assessments (London only)
- UXO risk assessment – contour maps applied around potential source of strike locations
Benefits of this report:
- CDM Regulations and HASAWA both require risks to be identified, manged and mitigated
- Up to 50% of all UK land has had military activities on it historically
- The UK was heavily bombed and shelled by enemy forces in both world wars
- It is estimated that 10% of all historic munitions did not explode
- Poor practices have left many sites impacted by unexploded ordnance
- Unexploded Ordnance has the potential to be found nationally
- Live Ordnance is frequently found across the country
- CIRIA C681 – UXO guidance for Construction Industry recommends Preliminary Risk Assessment for sites with a potential UXO risk
- Undertaking a PRA is the first step in reducing the UXO risk in accordance with ALARP principle (As Low As Reasonably Practical) (http://www.hse.gov.uk/risk/theory/alarpglance.htm)
For more information about this product, download our comprehensive product card.
*Reliance: £5m Professional Indemnity Insurance (any one claim). Can be relied upon by all professional parties within a property transaction, first purchasers / tenants and their advisers. See the SafeLane Global terms & conditions. Delivery time in normal working days (London only).