Screening provides the ideal environmental risk assessment for straightforward commercial property transactions, plus our innovative ClimateIndex™ forward climate scenario modelling - supporting your compliance with the Law Society Guidance on Climate Risks including duty of care and duty to warn.
Screening is the ideal commercial property transaction report for less complex commercial property transactions and multi-site portfolios – now with ClimateIndex™ for both physical and transition climate risks. It also covers contaminated land, flood, ground stability, radon and energy risks.
Not only that but the report also clearly identifies potential forward climate risk impacts to the property with the ClimateIndex™ module. This supports your ESG compliance through better client care advisory for potential climate impacts to the land or property.
Groundsure is the preferred supplier to the UK commercial property secured lending market. Screening has been developed in conjunction with leading UK banks and meets lending security compliance.
- ClimateIndex™ – Forward climate scenario modelling for potential flood, subsidence & coastal erosion impacts. Also includes transition risk analysis with Energy Performance (EPC) ratings for each building within the boundary, unique comparable property insight and tailored guidance on MEES improvement measures.
- Contaminated land assessment utilising the most comprehensive data available including our National Brownfield Risk Model (NBRM), environmental permits, active and historic landfill and waste sites and current industrial sites
- Flood risk assessment covering river, coastal, surface water and groundwater
- Coal mining and radon screening
- Natural and non-natural ground stability assessment including natural ground subsidence, cavities and non-coal mining
For a full list of product features, please download the product card.
- Supports compliance with 2 Law Society practice notes, Law Society Conveyancing handbook guidance for ground stability and the Law Society Guidance on Climate Risks including duty of care and duty to warn.
- Reviewed by our in-house environmental consultants, so you can talk to an expert about your client’s individual situation
- Improved accuracy – using Land Registry Title polygons so it captures all features within the specific property and boundary
- Site boundary on MasterMap – enables clear identification of boundary for title
Concise, easy to navigate – saving you time and effort to identify any issues for your client.
Please note: if you have submitted a planning application to a local authority and have received a contaminated land condition, this report is NOT sufficient for your needs. Our Projects team will be pleased to support your requirements.
*Reliance: £10m Professional Indemnity Insurance. Can be relied upon by all professional parties within a property transaction, first purchasers/tenants and their advisers. Please refer to Groundsure terms & conditions.