An official CON29M coal mining search for commercial property licensed by the Law Society and compliant with their 2018 Guidance Note (England and Wales). Includes Coal Search Report Insurance. NB. Scottish reports ‘Regulated’, not ‘Official’.
The commercial report answers all of the official 14 questions requested in Law Society Guidance Notes (2018) and has additional information should the property fall within the Cheshire Brine Compensation area. The report offers extra peace of mind, protection and security via a comprehensive £100k Coal Search Report Insurance Policy.
Coal reporting in Scotland
In Scotland this is a ‘Regulated’ search rather than ‘Official’. This is because the Law Society (of England and Wales) and their CON29M form and Guidance Notes do not apply in Scotland. If the property is located in Scotland you will still be able to order the CON29M product (for either Residential or Commercial transactions) and our team will generate the appropriate version for Scottish transactions.
The same 11 questions are answered in the Scottish version and the product is identical in terms of the in-depth information included. However, the Scottish version will not have the question text and numbered format (as licensed and requested by the Law Society) and the Cheshire brine alert is removed.
- Front page summary of the 11 question responses set out by the Law Society, with clear signposting to detailed information, answers and expert opinion
- Uses official data licensed from the Coal Authority, interpreted and analysed by our industry experts
- Unique additional alert highlights the Cheshire Brine Compensation Area – where applicable
- Uses an OS MasterMap plan of the site and an additional coal mining risk map identifying hazards in relation to the property
- Supports your professional requirements and is accepted by all major UK lenders
- Clear and focused risk advice and next step recommendations supporting transaction progression and completion
- Offers protection and security via a comprehensive £100k Coal Search Report Insurance Policy
- Mine Entry Interpretive Report included – no need to delay the transaction for a follow-up report
- A calculated zone of influence (ZOI) for each mine entry (the physical extent to which they could pose a risk) included as standard and built into report recommendations
- Assessment goes above and beyond official Law Society CON29M guidance and will flag a risk whenever a mine entry ZOI encroaches on a property – even when there is no mine entry within 20m
- Helpful next steps included for all potential mine entry scenarios and subsidence damage
Keep up to date by following us on Twitter.
10m Professional Indemnity Insurance* (any one claim)