Job Type: Data Researcher
Job Reference: DR-01
We are looking to hire an environmental data researcher to help expand our product range and enhance our existing range of products.
- Sourcing and processing of new data, including the creation of process documents
- QA of new data
- Manipulation of data to produce statistical reports
- QA of new products and product improvements
- The delivery of accurate and reliable datasets from open sources
- Robust QA procedures
- Assisting in delivery of new product development and CPD
- Ability to process the data within GIS and envision how it could be used in customer-facing products
- Continual procedure improvement
- Explore data visualisation possibilities within the presentation of information to clients and internally.
Qualifications & Experience
- GIS experience, preferably in Mapinfo
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and produce high quality, well defined outputs
- Understanding of current environmental legislation and how it relates to Groundsure business
- Understanding of future environmental legislation and how it relates to Groundsure business
- An understanding of legal liability issues relating to the provision of Groundsure reports and data
- Experience of working systematically on large projects with variable criteria.
- Knowledge of Groundsure reports, products and data
- Knowledge of wider aspects of the environment and ability to contribute to new work areas
- Ability to identify additional client requirements and develop solutions to meet their needs
- Knowledge or experience in an object oriented programming language e.g. Java, Python) or knowledge/experience of a functional language e.g. XSLT, SQL.
- Ability to assist in business development based on experience and knowledge, and client relationships.
Skills & Competencies
You will need to be a person with a passion for data, big or small. GIS skills are an essential part of this role, whether obtained through formal qualifications or some years’ experience.
You will need to be able to source data from authoritative places, and be able to justify the reasoning behind it and translate into spatial formats that can be used within Groundsure’s business. It’s essential that you will understand not only data, but be customer-focused and understand how that data can be made meaningful and accessible to a non-technical audience, but also how it can be presented to a very technically-savvy audience in a robust and realistic manner.
We have recently moved to an agile way of working, and the successful applicant will need to comfortable in that environment, and be willing to learn new tasks and processes for the benefit of the business.
You will need to be self-sufficient and have the ability to work as an agile team and independently. Attention to detail is crucial to ensure all data and reporting are accurate and technically robust.
Application through CV and cover letter only and should be addressed to Drew Hardy, Research Manager. Closing date Midnight 22nd May.