Job Title: Temporary GIS Specialist
Job Type: Temporary
Job Reference: GIS-TEMP
We are seeking a capable and experienced person to support with the management of geographic information and systems at Groundsure. We are looking to implement and better a number of innovative strategies for data management and provision. This temporary role will be key to updating these processes ensuring our data requirements and integrity are met on a day to day basis.
The individual will be responsible for undertaking and streamlining a number of core data processes using tech which includes FME, MapInfo, ArcGIS, SQL and Python as examples.
Candidates should be educated to at least degree level or similar in a GIS or related subject and or with a minimum of 5 years’ experience. Proven proficiency using the aforementioned applications is essential.
- Spatial data management process update.
- Identify areas for process streamlining, workflow efficiencies and delivering effective solutions.
- Documentation of workflows and process for ongoing maintenance and knowledge share.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of spatial data.
- Quality assurance for delivery of Groundsure products.
- Identify relevant training requirements for the existing team.
- Regular performance and objective reporting.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to MSc in GIS or related subject. Other qualifications with extensive experience will be considered.
- Advanced knowledge/ experience using MapInfo and ArcGIS suit of products.
- Experience of open source GIS including QGIS and GeoServer.
- Database management – handling variety of large, complex spatial datasets from a variety of sources.
- Experience using FME, SQL and Python.
- Knowledge of Ordnance Survey suite of mapping products beneficial.
Skills & Qualities:
- Organised & able to multi-task.
- Methodical approach.
- Precise and accurate, a high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Works well within a team.
- Good analytical / problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of the concept of data in relational databases.
- Genuine enthusiasm to learn and find solutions.
The ability to work self-sufficiently, demonstrate resilience and the willingness to challenge and innovate are highly desirable. While temporary, the role holder must still embrace and consistently demonstrate Groundsure’s key values; being right first time, being ambitious with integrity, never stop improving and expert at what you do.
Application through CV and cover letter only and should be addressed to Stuart Telfer, Operations Director.