Job Title: Office Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: GS-OM
We are delighted to be recruiting for a bright, approachable and process orientated Office Manager to join our award winning team in our Brighton based office. This is a new role for the company and will need an experienced individual who has a passion for customer service and a talent for building relationships as you will be liaising closely with internal staff and external clients.
- The Office Manager will have full responsibility for the administrative activities that facilitate the efficient and safe functioning of the office.
- Take responsibility for the regular calendar of business and social events including Monday morning business briefings and monthly socials
- Manage Health and Safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Support the setting up and ongoing management of an Environmental Management System (EMS) policies, procedures and practices.
- Support the setting up and ongoing management of a Quality Management system (QMS).
- Manage all contractors and suppliers on site in accordance with contractual agreements, safety procedures and budget agreement.
- Completion of Monthly H&S checks, Statutory checks and records (staff, site and contractors)
- Set up and obtain accreditation for an EMS to ISO 14001 and QMS to ISO 9001.
- Organising statutory compliance and records – e.g. fire systems servicing, electrical testing etc.
- Collation and reporting of KPIs, and collating Powerpoint material for our TV screens – Monday morning stand-up slides.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the office, including management of the facilities, utility suppliers and liaising with the building manager to ensure smooth operation of the offices.
- Raise purchase orders for office and staff related events and own the ordering, delivery and effective running of these including business meetings and lunches
- Provide minute taking and meeting actions as required to the Exec and mini-exec communities
- Manage weekly fire checks and lead evacuations
- Report any H&S issues to line manager immediately. Agree solution and monitor
- Manage all contractors and suppliers on site in accordance with contractual agreements, site safety procedures and budget agreement
- Liaise with Landlord on any building issues
- Provide staff site inductions
- DSE assessments monitoring and reporting
- Fire Marshals and First Aiders recruitment, training and monitoring. Organise regular meetings
- Proactive management of cleaning team with log book highlighting any issues
- Ordering stationery and catering supplies
- Arranging couriers
- Maintain car parking records
- Booking business lunches
- Sorting and distributing incoming post and sending outgoing post
Qualifications & Experience
- Health and Safety at work qualification
- Experience with EMS and QMS
- Fire Marshal qualifications – desirable
- IT literate and proficient in all Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent English, both spoken and written
- Excellent and professional manner. The Office Manager must be approachable to staff at all times
- Excellent customer care skills, communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent telephone manner
- Provide knowledgeable, confident, efficient customer service at all times
- Clear written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively whether face-to-face or telephone conversations
Application through CV and cover letter only and should be addressed to Rachel Scott, Resourcing Advisor – Ascential.