Location: Brighton, UK
Job Title: Graduate Environmental Consultant
Job Type: Perm Full Time
Job ref: RS-77
Close date: 19 February 2018
We currently have a vacancy for a Graduate Environmental Consultant. Please see more details below. If you are interested, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Groundsure are the UK authority on environmental risks like land contamination, flooding and ground stability. Our expert consultancy and unmatched data quality give you the most reliable, accurate information and guidance to support your property transaction. We believe, when you want certainty, you need Groundsure.
About the role
We’re looking for a Graduate Environmental Consultant to join our Residential team in Brighton. As part of our Consultancy function, your key responsibilities will include:
- To write residential reports and determine their environmental risk rating using data in the report, MapInfo and additional information sources
- Discuss / consult on report outcome / results with solicitors and public
- Answering non-technical / technical queries
- Submitting contaminated land enquiries to the Local Authority
- Support line manager
- Write technical Content for use by the Marketing department (blogs, press releases, infographics, etc.)
- Additional ad-hoc tasks as required by line manager
- Identify ways to improve report
- Ongoing training and independent learning relevant to team objectives
- Supporting projects team
- Educated to relevant degree level
- Good understanding of current environmental legislation and how it relates to Groundsure business
- Good understanding of future environmental legislation and how it relates to Groundsure business
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of environmental data sets and their limitations
- Ability to talk to clients on a technical / non-technical basis
- Knowledge of wider aspects of the environment
- MS Word, Excel, GIS MapInfo
What we offer
We offer our employees a great package of perks, including:
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
More information provided on:
Groundsure is a part of the Ascential group.
Each of our products and brands has its own unique heritage and voice, but all align to one common goal: to enable an eco-system that better informs and connects the business world.
Here at Ascential, we have a deep knowledge of our customers, their businesses and industries. Our aim is for our products – increasingly offered both face to face and online – to offer content and connections that professionals rely on for growth and value creation.
Operating from 14 offices around the world, Ascential serves customers in more than 150 countries, providing local and global knowledge, connections and access.
Check out our incredible portfolio:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?