Location: Brighton, UK
Job Title: Environmental Consultant
Job Type: Perm Full Time
Job ref: RS-73
Close date: 14 February 2018
We currently have a vacancy for an Environmental Consultant. Please see more details below. If you are interested, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Groundsure are the UK authority on environmental risks like land contamination, flooding and ground stability. Our expert consultancy and unmatched data quality give you the most reliable, accurate information and guidance to support your property transaction. We believe, when you want certainty, you need Groundsure.
About the role
We’re looking for an Environmental Consultant to join our Commercial team in Brighton. Reporting to the Commercial Consultancy Manager, the successful candidate will become an important member of the consultancy team with a focus on writing and reviewing Groundsure reports, interpreting environmental information and communicating this information to clients on both a technical and non-technical basis.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated and capable postgraduate with at 1-2 years’ experience who is looking to continue developing their skills and knowledge in the contaminated land sector.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- To write due diligence Commercial Environmental Reports and determine their environmental risk rating using data in the report, MapInfo and additional information sources.
- Undertaking helplines.
- Discuss report outcome with clients.
- Support line manager.
- Write technical Content for use by the Marketing department (blogs, press releases, info graphics etc.).
- Additional ad-hoc tasks as required by line manager.
- To begin to learn the process of peer reviewing Commercial Environmental Reports.
- Support Technical Support Manager.
- Supporting projects team.
- Final outcome of reports are correct and justifiable.
- Continual improvement of reports and staff knowledge.
- Text within reports is correct and best practice.
- Reports are dispatched within their SLA.
- Environmental science related degree is essential and a further post graduate qualification, ideally an MSc in Environmental science, is desirable.
- Good understanding of current environmental legislation and how it relates to commercial property reports.
- Previous experience within a similar role with an in depth knowledge of environmental legislation and contaminated land principals.
- Commercially aware.
- The ability to demonstrate a good understanding of geo-environmental processes, knowledge of environmental datasets and their limitations, and the ability to talk to clients on a technical / non-technical basis.
- Ability to talk to clients on a technical / non-technical basis.
- Knowledge of wider aspects of the environment.
What we offer
We offer our employees a great package of perks, including:
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
More information provided on:
Groundsure is a part of the Ascential group.
Each of our products and brands has its own unique heritage and voice, but all align to one common goal: to enable an eco-system that better informs and connects the business world.
Here at Ascential, we have a deep knowledge of our customers, their businesses and industries. Our aim is for our products – increasingly offered both face to face and online – to offer content and connections that professionals rely on for growth and value creation.
Operating from 14 offices around the world, Ascential serves customers in more than 150 countries, providing local and global knowledge, connections and access.
Check out our incredible portfolio:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?