Scottish Insight is a comprehensive report that provides the three key aspects a consultant needs: environmental, geological and flood data.
Available as PDF and GIS.
Why this report?
Mastermap Siteplan as standard with detailed flood and geology information
Intelligent taxonomy and classification of risk data
Hyperlinks to digitised BGS recorded boreholes
Full mining and flood risk data
Unique military and ordnance sites
This report delivers detailed and accurate information using extensive datasets, helping you to provide an informed and helpful opinion for your clients.
Our Historic Land Use Database (HLUD) gives the most accurate and reliable information available on the market. It is derived from Ordnance Survey mapping dating back to the 1840s, scanned in at over 500dpi – setting a new industry standard.
Scottish Insight includes a Mastermap Siteplan as standard (for sites under 20ha), and also provides detailed flood and geology information. Each section of the report is clearly defined and hyperlinked from the contents, plus we provide individual maps for each section for additional clarity and to simplify interpretation.
Our in-house team of specialists, who continually update the report with the latest terminology and data to provide you with even greater certainty in your opinion.
What does it cover?
- Historical Land Use information including unique military and ordnance sites
- Current industrial data, Environmental Permits, Incidents and Registers
- Detailed landfill and waste site data from authoritative sources including SEPA, Local Authorities
- National Grid gas pipeline and electricity transmission lines
- Detailed BGS 1:10,000 and 1:50,000 scale geology & hydrogeology data
- Designated environmentally sites including SSSIs, SPAs, SACs, Green Belt and Ancient Woodland
- Detailed flood data including JBA river, coastal, surface water and reservoir failure, and BGS groundwater
- Full suite of mining data from the BGS, JPB, PBA and Groundsure
- BGS natural ground subsidence data & Radon information
- Historic, abandoned and active railways, tunnels and railway projects
- Estimated and measured soil chemistry
- All data is displayed on a unique map per section
* Up to 10 ha. Reliance: £10m Professional Indemnity Insurance (any one claim). Can be relied upon by all professional parties within a property transaction,
first purchasers / tenants and their advisers. Please refer to Groundsure terms & conditions. **Average turnaround times are 1-4 hours for sites up to 10ha.
How do I order a report?
If you already have a Groundsure account you will need to log in using your user name and password and select the product(s) you require. If you do not have a Groundsure account, one must be set up, even for single pay as you go orders. This can be done using the create an account function.
How do I download a report?
All reports will be delivered by email to the designated email address. If necessary, you are also able to include an additional email address before placing your order. However, if the file is too big for email, a download link will be emailed to you. Alternatively, you can download any report from your Order History.
How do I cancel a report?
Cancelling an order ‘in progress’ can be dealt with via your Groundsure account. If the order you wish to cancel is already complete, please contact us and the team will advise you on our cancellation policy.
What does 'Order in Progress' mean?
Order in progress is a status we assign when your report or data is being produced. You will receive your product within the defined turnaround time. If you order states “with Groundsure”, this is because you have submitted your order with a site plan and we are working on digitising your site boundary, or because the site drawn exceeds our standard pricing options. Orders will be placed within 24 hours, and a member of the team will be in contact if we require further information. If you order states “On Hold”, this is because one of our environmental consultants has raised a query with your order. This query will have been emailed to you.