The Premier Asset Layer Map (PALM) is a fantastic new product which enables all utility information for your project to be transposed onto a single base map.
This layered map can show single or multiple utilities for the site and can be selected and deselected at the touch of a button to suit your needs.
The PALM product is available with any speed of utility report service ordered but will be delivered on the 20th working day.
Why this report?
Interactive PDF and DWG, available in other formats
HSG 47 and PAS 128 compliant
Aids with CDM regulations 2015
Why do I need a PALM?
PALM is set to the use of utility record information in utility conflict detection & management, PAS 128 survey level definition and scope writing. The PDF can be used on handheld devices meaning it can be used on-site before any groundwork is undertaken. It’s available as an interactive PDF and DWG allowing accurate measurements of distance and area.
What does it cover?
A standard PALM consists of 5 utilities: electric, water (clean and waste), gas, Openreach (formerly BT) and Virgin Media. Where additional layers are required because of the presence of additional utilities the client will be advised of any additional fees if required.
The detail on the map includes:
- Ducts and Chambers Cabinet positions
- Water main types, pipe sizes and materials
- Meter positions Electric line detailing
- Electric link boxes Overhead lines
- Substation compounds
- Sewerage flow arrows
- Gas main pipe sizes and materials
- Gas Governors/Pressure Reducing Stations
- Openreach kiosks, poles and nodes
Additional features include:
- Each utility layer has a unique colour coding for ease of identification. Utility layers can be printed collectively or individually from one file
- PDF can be saved and used on hand-held devices in the field
- Available in shp, dgn and dxf formats for use and manipulation across all platforms*
- Provides easy-to-use information for risk assessment to meet “Designers”, “Client”, “Contractors” and “Planning Coordinators” Health & Safety responsibilities under the CDM Regulations.
- It makes a PAS 128 QL D audit layer possible in Information systems.
- Enables compliance with HSG 47 regulations
- Allows easy PAS 128 scope definition
* A Groundsure Premier Utilities Search report is a prerequisite shp, dgn and dxf formats may attract additional fee.
How do I order a report?
If you already have a Groundsure account you will need to log in using your user name and password and select the product(s) you require. If you do not have a Groundsure account, one must be set up, even for single pay as you go orders. This can be done using the create an account function.
How do I download a report?
All reports will be delivered by email to the designated email address. If necessary, you are also able to include an additional email address before placing your order. However, if the file is too big for email, a download link will be emailed to you. Alternatively, you can download any report from your Order History.
How do I cancel a report?
Cancelling an order ‘in progress’ can be dealt with via your Groundsure account. If the order you wish to cancel is already complete, please contact us and the team will advise you on our cancellation policy.
What does 'Order in Progress' mean?
Order in progress is a status we assign when your report or data is being produced. You will receive your product within the defined turnaround time. If you order states “with Groundsure”, this is because you have submitted your order with a site plan and we are working on digitising your site boundary, or because the site drawn exceeds our standard pricing options. Orders will be placed within 24 hours, and a member of the team will be in contact if we require further information. If you order states “On Hold”, this is because one of our environmental consultants has raised a query with your order. This query will have been emailed to you.