The Geo Insight Report provides a detailed geological data report combining BGS data with unique geological and geo-hazard datasets.
Available as PDF & raw data for GIS.
Why this report?
Now includes 1:10,000 (DiGMapGB-10), where available, and 1:50,000 scale geology data sets as standard
Unique data on current and historic railways and tunnels including depth to London Underground
Hyperlinks to digitised BGS recorded boreholes
Exclusive mining and extraction database
This report is essential for geo-environmental professionals and their clients to make informed decisions and identify potential ground instability problems that may affect the ground investigation, foundation design or possible remediation options. Problems which could result in additional costs for the end client.
The Geo Insight provides unique data on current and historical railways and tunnels; details which aren’t available in any other desktop report. It features BGS recorded boreholes, with hyperlinks to online digitised records for immediate access to essential information.
What does it cover?
- Detailed BGS records of artificial, superficial and bedrock geology at 1:50,000 and 1:10,000 scale (where available)
- Bedrock permeability and faults.
- Groundsure’s unique historical surface and underground workings database
- Groundsure’s mining and mineral extraction database
- Subways and tunnels
- Historic and abandoned railways and tunnel features
- BGS non-coal mining hazards data
- BGS BRITPITS current ground workings information
- BGS GeoSure subsidence data, fully mapped for each aspect
- BGS borehole records, hyperlinked to online BGS scans
- Estimated background soil chemistry information
* Up to 10ha. Reliance: £10m Professional Indemnity Insurance (any one claim). Can be relied upon by all professional parties within a property transaction, first purchasers / tenants and their advisers. Please refer to Groundsure terms & conditions. Average turnaround times are 1-4 hours for sites up to 10ha.
How do I order a report?
If you already have a Groundsure account you will need to log in using your user name and password and select the product(s) you require. If you do not have a Groundsure account, one must be set up, even for single pay as you go orders. This can be done using the create an account function.
How do I download a report?
All reports will be delivered by email to the designated email address. If necessary, you are also able to include an additional email address before placing your order. However, if the file is too big for email, a download link will be emailed to you. Alternatively, you can download any report from your Order History.
How do I cancel a report?
Cancelling an order ‘in progress’ can be dealt with via your Groundsure account. If the order you wish to cancel is already complete, please contact us and the team will advise you on our cancellation policy.
What does 'Order in Progress' mean?
Order in progress is a status we assign when your report or data is being produced. You will receive your product within the defined turnaround time. If you order states “with Groundsure”, this is because you have submitted your order with a site plan and we are working on digitising your site boundary, or because the site drawn exceeds our standard pricing options. Orders will be placed within 24 hours, and a member of the team will be in contact if we require further information. If you order states “On Hold”, this is because one of our environmental consultants has raised a query with your order. This query will have been emailed to you.