Scottish Insight is a comprehensive report that provides the three key aspects a consultant needs: environmental, geological and flood data.
Available as PDF and GIS.
Scottish Insight delivers detailed and accurate information using extensive datasets, helping you to provide an informed and helpful opinion for your clients.
Our Historic Land Use Database (HLUD) gives the most accurate and reliable information available on the market. It is derived from Ordnance Survey mapping dating back to the 1840s, scanned in at over 500dpi – setting a new industry standard.
Scottish Insight includes a MasterMap Siteplan as standard (for sites under 20ha), and also provides detailed flood and geology information. Each section of the report is clearly defined and hyperlinked from the contents, plus we provide individual maps for each section for additional clarity and to simplify interpretation.
Our in-house team of specialists, who continually update the report with the latest terminology and data to provide you with even greater certainty in your opinion.
- Historical Land Use information including unique military and ordnance sites
- Current industrial data, Environmental Permits, Incidents and Registers
- Detailed BGS 1:10,000 and 1:50,000 scale geology & hydrogeology data
- Historic, abandoned and active railways, tunnels and railway projects
- Detailed landfill and waste site data from authoritative sources including SEPA and Local Authorities
- BGS natural ground subsidence data & Radon information
- Full suite of mining data from the BGS, JPB, PBA and Groundsure
- Detailed flood data including JBA river, coastal, surface water and reservoir failure, and BGS groundwater
- Estimated and measured soil chemistry
- Hyperlinks to digitised BGS recorded boreholes
- Full mining and flood risk data
- Unique military and ordnance sites
Benefits of this report:
- MasterMap siteplan as standard for simple site location confirmation
- All data is displayed on a unique map per section
For more information about this product, download our comprehensive product card.
* Up to 10 ha. Reliance: £10m Professional Indemnity Insurance (any one claim). Can be relied upon by all professional parties within a property transaction,
first purchasers / tenants and their advisers. Please refer to Groundsure terms & conditions. **Average turnaround times are 1-4 hours for sites up to 10ha.