Pinpoint Chancel Search
Find out if your clients are liable for chancel repairs with Groundsure's Pinpoint Search
This search identifies if your client’s potential property purchase is situated on ecclesiastical land, and if that land is liable for Chancel Repairs.
Chancel repairs have been tied into property purchases since the times of Henry VIII. Purchasing a property on the church’s land rendered the residents liable for the maintenance of church building.
- Up to £3m insurance policy
- Chancel repairs not always revealed in standard property packs
Benefit to the end user
- Dedicated data sourced from historical parish, tithe district and enclosures and National Archive records
- Insurance underwritten by Aviva
- 25 year, successor in title, Peace of Mind policy
- Clear, simple statement of whether liability exists
For more information about this product, download our comprehensive product card.
* Reliance: £3m Professional Indemnity Insurance. Can be relied upon by all professional parties within a property transaction, first purchasers/tenants and their advisers. Please refer to Groundsure terms & conditions.