GeoRisk and GeoRisk +
Mining and stability covered in every transaction - why take the risk?
Historic mining and ground stability affects properties across the country - your clients' transactions need protecting. To vist the product home page click here. GeoRisk is now the standard to provide that protection and assurance. This is why:
The most comprehensive data available
- Groundsure and MSUK have the single largest collection of mining data in the UK with millions of historical mining features - other providers have to go to external data suppliers for this level of data which can slow down the turnaround of each report.
- A suite of products to cover the risk from coal mining, all other mining, brine, natural ground stability, and recorded ground movement.
- GeoRisk and GeoRisk + are the first to market mining and ground stability reports to include COASTAL EROSION data and British Geological Survey National Landslide data.
- The Groundsure Historical Land Use Database has data going back to 1840 and consists of a database of c.6 million digitised land use features derived from a comprehensive collection of 1.5 million historical Ordnance Survey (OS) maps.
- The reports include British Geological Survey 1:10,000 scale data (1:50,000 scale alternatives can potentially miss features).
- Whilst 25% of properties lie on the coalfield, Groundsure estimates that a further 43% of properties may also be affected by mining and ground stability issues unrelated to coal mining.
- The only desktop mining reports you will ever need.
Including several unique datasets
- Over 50% of the data in GeoRisk reports is unique that is unavailable elsewhere.
- Groundsure’s Historical Land Use Database (HLUD).
- MSUK’s extensive archive of mining records/features.
- High granularity of recorded satellite movement data, provided by SatSense.
- Recorded sinkhole incidents dataset containing 75,000 records - the largest dataset available.
- British Geological Survey Shrink-Swell Subsidence Assessment data.
- Groundsure oil and gas data.
With the best expert analysis
- The MSUK team has over 40 years of hands-on, in the field experience in mining risk assessment. Mining Searches UK bring advanced and in depth knowledge of mining legacy liabilities with significant expert witness experience.
- The Groundsure team brings you an unbeatable 200+ years of combined experience in ground stability and environmental risk. Leading advice supporting transaction progression and completion.
- Where issues are identified, our in-house team of geo-environmental experts give clear guidance and advice on complex mining and ground stability issues with deal oriented guidance on next steps.
- Groundsure provide this report with data from various esteemed third parties:
- Take advantage of the authoritative and academic expertise of the SatSense team
- The most comprehensive stability data courtesy of the British Geological Survey (BGS) and Peter Brett Associates (PBA)
- Environment Agency
- Oil and Gas Authority
- Ordnance Survey.
Providing clarity and transparency
- The report uses the Groundsure formula for best in class layout and navigation - designed for quick and easy interpretation, getting you to the information you and your clients need faster.
- Optimised design and navigation brought to you by the leading brand in property searches.
- Easy to understand client ready copy - GeoRisk is accessible to everyone involved in the transaction.
- Clear navigation, layout and design - enabling streamlined workflow for smarter and faster decisions.
- The report includes an OS MasterMap plan of the site and there are no blank pages - get to the information you need quicker.
Multiple time and financial savings
- Groundsure is one of the preferred suppliers to the UK property secured lending market. With over half of the UK’s residential property transactions using a Groundsure report as part of the decision making process. GeoRisk meets lending security compliance, whilst addressing your obligations under The Law Society guidance on mining risk.
- A competitively priced suite of reports and certificates - time and money savings with every transaction.
- Comparing site size prices with other products on the market you will not find a more cost effective solution - save up to £200 with GeoRisk +.
- If the property is neither on the coal field or in a Cheshire brine affected area, you can save money with the cost-effective non-coal option (GeoRisk).
- And if our product alerts identify that no search is required, provide peace of mind with the competitively priced GeoRisk Certificates.
- £10m Professional Indemnity Insurance.