Preliminary Environmental Risk Assessment
Preliminary environmental risk assessments are most commonly required/requested by:
- The Local Planning Authority to support a planning application
- Financial institutions to support lending agreements
- Prudent purchasers prior to property acquisitions
A preliminary assessment may also be required following an initial environmental search report where potential ground contamination risks have been identified.
Our report provides a clear, concise overview of the contaminative risks associated with a property and are undertaken in accordance with DEFRA and the Environment Agency’s “Model Procedures for the Management of Land Contamination, CLR 11”, and fully meet all financial risk assessment requirements.
Key features include:
- Detailed review of all available historic and environmental data
- Site walkover by an IEMA Registered Environmental Consultant (if required)
- Consultations with relevant environmental regulators
- Qualitative risk assessment for the property known as a Conceptual Site Model (CSM)
- Recommendations for mitigation actions and costings where appropriate.
- Discount to reflect the cost of an initial Groundsure environmental search report
- Includes a complete Groundsure Insight Pack and Planning Report
- Review of site specific requirements by an IEMA accredited consultant
For more information please contact us.
“Groundsure’s commercial and pragmatic approach in understanding the perspectives of a lender make them an ideal partner to support our internal property credit risk process. Their solutions provide workable real world outcomes and do not simply place barriers in the path of our day to day business of lending”.
Technical Business Manager, Property Risk – Santander